Saturday 24 September 2011

1999 Toyota Camry: Water pump and timing belt replacement?

I have replaced a couple of water pumps but never on a foreign car and was wondering roughly how long it would take. Also I was looking at some places online that sell water pump/timing kits and I just wanted to make sure....what would be needed to replace the water pump and timing belt 100% correctly....I see tensioners and a whole bunch of other items with the kit and just want to make sure I am getting EVERYTHING to do a proper job (i.e., ooohh, I didn't replace this part that should have been replaced now I have to take everthing apart again). Thanks for your time.



BTW The car has 237,000 miles and the last time the timing belt was changed was around 110,000 so think it is due time before problems. Also last year I replaced all struts/coil springs/stabilizer links, total exhaust coming off manifold, brakes and front calipers....a lot of work and money but saved much doing it myself.1999 Toyota Camry: Water pump and timing belt replacement?I would get a repair manual before I started a job like that, but try this link and see if it helps.



Good luck



http://www.ehow.com/how_4508686_replace-鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment