Saturday 24 September 2011

How do I undo a bolt on my timing belt tensioner that is too tight?

Changing my timing belt kit on my 1.8 Astra auto, but now I'm stuck at the Tensioner bolt.

I slipped off the old belt but still can't get the tensioner bolt loose to replace it. I have a new one so I don't mind damaging the old one if thats what it takes

theres not much room to work with

I can't use the screwdriver with a the torx bit attached because its to long

the bolt takes a t40 torx bit but I'm gradually rounding that out with each attempt

so now I'v given up and asking for help.

anyone have any ideas???

anyone??

thanks in advance.How do I undo a bolt on my timing belt tensioner that is too tight?Go to Sears and get the bolt removal sockets. Ask the sales rep. Those things will dig into the torx, hex or whatever type of bolt you have. Oh...also try bolt loosener PT Blaster.
How do I undo a bolt on my timing belt tensioner that is too tight?
Spray with WD40 and let it sit over night.
How do I undo a bolt on my timing belt tensioner that is too tight?
Surprisingly with rusted, frozen nuts/bolts, I had luck with WD-40 spraying and allowing to soak. All came loose [6] except one and it twisted off. However, these were out in the open, easy to get to.



Good luck.
Heat will help too if you can SAFELY key word SAFELY get s torch to it and heat it up with out hurting any other parts it will expand and then shrink as it cools. as it cools spray with lubricant WD or Silicon spray and try it again.
Go to www.crcindusttries.com and scroll for CRC Freeze-Off and also CRC556. Both types of spray can help lossen frozen bolts. When loosening a bolt where you don't have length space, an angle swivel socket can be used or any tool with a 45 and a short torx adapter socket. For additional leverage an extension handle breaker bar can be of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment