Saturday 24 September 2011

How to care about old cars? Lexus ES300, 92 year?

hi, I have a Lexus ES300. 92year model. I just want to ask how should I care about car, so that it would work at least 5-10y more. I mean, there are some fluids wich you add to the gas tank - they clean injuctors and stuff.... at lease it says so on the pakage. Does this stuff real helps?

Another thing is I went to mechanic to ask how much gonna cost me to change timing belt and transmission fluid he toldme 1000$ at least it's like 50% of the cost of my car! Now what I,m trying to figure out is there any cheap way to keep car running that's all I need.



thank you!How to care about old cars? Lexus ES300, 92 year?Shop around for a mechanic that will have a reasonable price. I'm restoring a 63 Buick, and it runs like a champ. Some of these fluids will work. Just takes time. Best thing is to keep on top of the maintenance. Change oil regularly, flush the cooling system, and the engine as well (I flush my engine about every 100k miles) Also, find a shop manual for your car. It will help you with repairs that you can do on your own and it will save a lot of money in the long run. Plus you will know what you've repaired.
How to care about old cars? Lexus ES300, 92 year?
First off, replacing a timing belt and transmission fluid/filter isn't that involved, so $1000 is quite pricey...I'd suggest calling around to several shops in your area to get quotes...remember, dealerships charge the highest for the same job...



For everything else, do regular maintenance and fluid checks/changes as per your owners manual, and you should be fine.



Believe it or not, the most common cause of failures is that owners don't do the simple things, like opening the hood each week and actually %26quot;looking%26quot; at things. When something looks %26quot;different%26quot;, that is the time to have it checked professionally...



And yes, fuel injector cleaner works...
  • columnheader
  • short hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment