Wednesday 21 September 2011

How much does it cost to replace a new timing chains?

I drive a 2000 celica gt-s 6 speed manual and I found out that my car doesnt have a timing belt but a timing chain. Nothing seems to be wrong with my timing chain though i can't really see it cus it's inside my engine but my car is over 100 k miles already and i was wondering how much it will cost me to changed it just in case. I know its not cheap.How much does it cost to replace a new timing chains?had you bought a Chevy or a ford $20-$30..

ha ha you bought a Toyota ...ha ha good one
How much does it cost to replace a new timing chains?
Good news is timing chains do not need to be replaced, they just have to be re tightened. This is much cheaper than having a timing belt replaced, but I am not sure how much it would cost for foriegn cars. probably a couple hundred, go to a toyota dealership to do it.
How much does it cost to replace a new timing chains?
Unless it is make noise you shouldn't have to do anything to it. if I'm not mistaken i believe Toyota uses a hydraulic tensioner which doesn't need any adjustment.
  • lock file
  • add an email address
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment