Friday 16 September 2011

If I buy a Timing belt and Water belt, How much would a shop charge me to do the work?

I just bought a 2001 Honda Accord with 104k miles. I want to change these components as soon as possible.



I live in New York, so if i were to buy these items online and then take it to a shop so they can install it how much would they charge?If I buy a Timing belt and Water belt, How much would a shop charge me to do the work?Timing belt id say 2.5 hours and then the water pump probably 4.5 hours maybe thats maximum. So depending on how much the shop charges per hour it could be about (with a total of 7 hours at 25 dollars an hour 175 plus shop service fee and parts and technician pay probably a total of about $600-$800 as a rough estimate) hope it helps, also be easy to do at home if youd like to i can get directions for you.
If I buy a Timing belt and Water belt, How much would a shop charge me to do the work?
Most shops will have either a 1/2 hour or 1hour minimum fee policy. The normal range is...... $40 to $70 per hour shop rate.



Be prepared though. Many shops will outright refuse to use parts you didnt buy from THEM. messed up I know, but they'll usually try to justify it by claiming %26quot;our warranty policy%26quot; or %26quot;we can't vouch for the part so wont...%26quot; Don't believe em. They're trying to rip you off.

No comments:

Post a Comment