Saturday 24 September 2011

How to check the timing belt?

I have a '95 Mitsubishi Diamante with the DOHC V6 that I bought recently, and I was wondering if there's a way to check the timing belt and make sure it's in good shape. The guy I bought it from said he didn't know when or if it's been changed. I'm very tight on money right now, so I don't want to just replace it unless I have to. I'm pretty sure it's an interference engine...

Also, if I had a mechanic do it(check the belt), approx how much would it cost?

ThanksHow to check the timing belt?well in labor it would cost about 240.00 to replace your timing belt, and if you are going to do that you should change your water pump it does cost anymore labor to change the water pump when you are changing the timing belt
How to check the timing belt?
Can't tell by vision.
How to check the timing belt?
remove belt covers and check belts. Replace NOW if ANY doubt!!!!
  • java
  • AJAX in .net
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment